FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Paul S. Kuber, Ph.D.
Northeast Regional Livestock Extension Specialist
WSU Lincoln County Extension
PO Box 399, 303 Sixth Street,
Davenport, WA 99122
Northeast Washington Haygrowers’ Association
2017 Spring Field Day will take place on Saturday, May 13th. Hosted by Loren Lentz, 4513 Bellstar Rd, Clayton, WA. Registration is at 8:30 A.M., at the door. Costs are $10 for members or $15 for Non-members. Schedule runs from 9:00 A.M. and Adjourns at 1:30 P.M.
Guest Speakers and topics are;
“Poisonous Plants and Pesticides Problematic for Livestock Found in Hay Production”. Patricia Talcott, MS, DVM, PhD, DABVT, Professor Integrative Physiology and Neuroscience, Veterinary Sciences, WSU Pullman, WA.
“Using Annual Forage Crop Rotations To Manage Weeds”. Kurt Braunwart, Managing Owner, Progene LLC, Othello, WA.
“Crop Protection Product (CPP) Tool Box – For Hay Growers”. Loren Lentz, Lazy L Farm Services and Products, Clayton, WA.
- Two ‘Pesticide Applicator Recertification Credits’ for attending both
- Lunch will be catered by Owens Deli in Newport, WA and Sponsored by Lazy L Farm Service & Supply.
- Bring your own chair for presentations and meal
- Special Needs or Accommodations? Please notify us by May 8th, 2017 @ 509-725-4171
- For Field-Day Location Directions call 509-725-4171
Extension programs and employment are available to all without discrimination. Evidence of noncompliance may be reported through your local Extension Office. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities and special needs who contact the Extension office in advance.Read More